Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My space

Hello everyone,

How are you? It's been a while I know but I've been a bit busy working on some new material for an album. Yes, that's right; an album. I'm releasing it on my own label 'Dunkirk records' (named out of respect for those who gave their lives) and hopefully getting it into your hands at some point in the next couple of months.

Someone else who I learn has an album coming out is Rod Stewart the singer. How do I know this? Because I've had an email off him. It all started when Candy signed me up to the My Space web page which helps record companies advertise their artists, or something. Anyway she asked Rob Stewart to be my friend and he said yes and called me a good man. Amazing. Anyway, this week I replied to him and here is my message:

'Hello there Rod,

How are you? I hope you're well. Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to your kind message calling me a good man, but it was appreciated. I've been called a lot in my life and career (most of it has been accompanied by a missile of some sort) but that is one of the nicest things.

How have you been? Working hard or taking it easy? I should imagine that you find it quite difficult to relax whereas I've had a good deal of my life to relax due to the legal action from my ex-manager and band-mates.

I wonder, how much of this technical stuff do you actually do? My wife (like you I have opted for a newer model of late) sets all of this business up for me and I just type the messages and that. Do you have someone to help you when you get confused?

Anyway, you must be very busy and I won't keep you too long.

Best wishes Rod. You are a good nam too.

Danny x'


I think I sound pretty cool, don't you? Next time I'll publish Rod's response.